With the banking crisis being a thing of the past, many banks have once again started to place added emphasis on their bread and butter - extending loans to customers. These credits get financed in large part through other customers, who make deposits at the bank in the form of investments. TOPSIM-Banking focuses on these general activities to establish an overview of a bank’s daily operation.
In the simulation, participants assume the role of General Management of a bank taking care of Credit and Investment decisions, asset management, marketing in the banking industry and the employment of bank staff for 7 different consumer groups. The complexity of the game is adjusted by enabling and disabling the individual modules that make up the simulation. The software allows you to select between a complete (advanced) and basic version (e.g. for trainees).
- Target system of a banking institution with its basic conflicts between rent ability, liquidity, security and growth
- Dependencies between the target system and the divisions of a bank
- Deposit/lending business in consideration of Basel II, transaction on a commission basis and investment banking
- Integration of target system and divisions by the regulation of costs and revenue, capacity, balance sheet structure and risk
- Personnel planning
- Target group and competition analysis
- Development of marketing activities
- Branch and department managers of banks
- Junior banking staff, trainees
- Trainees who wish to be bankers, at the end of their training period
- Students studying banking
- Students studying business administration and finance
- Apprentices in the banking industry
- 2-5 days, maximum of 8 periods (each period being simulated as one financial year)
To experience TOPSIM is life changing. It clearly shows you how your decisions have an impact and improves your understanding of the effect of every decision.
Ahmed Mahani – RTM Senior Supervisor